Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Enduser Input field for What-If Scenario

I've been looking for a sample script where the end-user can key in a number value in order to simulate different outcomes.  Or where an end-user can enter dates which can be used for a From/To selection, adhoc.  Does anyone have a simple example that I can study?  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Why would you set a new variable off of another variable? The input box is already setting a variable for you so you would just need to use that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use the input box. This will set a variable which you can use in your expressions.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Marc.  I created the input box and I see how it accepts a value from me.  But how do I access that field value in my script?  I tried this line of code but doesn't work:  

Set vInputField = myinputfield;

Not applicable
Author

Why would you set a new variable off of another variable? The input box is already setting a variable for you so you would just need to use that.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  I see now how it works.  I did a Variables Overview and saw my inpu field (myinputfield) in there as a variable.  All I have to do is reference it in my script and off we go, right.  I just didn't understand how it worked.  Thank you, Marc!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

hope my problem's solution lies here....

i have a column having values 20,30,40.....100

want to have user input a value in input box, say 25.....then the column shud show only the data where column>25

Regards