Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Enterprise colors for dimensions

Hi Community,

I'd like to use the same colour for a dimension value in every qvw application in my enterprise.

For example:

I have a 2 countries:

Holland

Belgium

Holland should always be displayed blue and Belgium should always be displayed red in all my applications. Is there a way to maintain this centrally?

Regards,

Tjeerd Wieberdink

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you could add the rgb() color values to your database, in the country dimension table (or create a lookup table in a different DB and link tables in script). Then set the colors in your table in the e.g. background color attribute expressions (expression tab, open attributes by clicking on the plus sign).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you could add the rgb() color values to your database, in the country dimension table (or create a lookup table in a different DB and link tables in script). Then set the colors in your table in the e.g. background color attribute expressions (expression tab, open attributes by clicking on the plus sign).

Not applicable

Tjeerd,

There are multiple ways of doing this. Either you add the colors somewhere as a datasource easily linked to the entity in your datamodel, and read it in all QVW's (as an excel file or a QVD) or you can create an include file that contains variables for each color and include this file in all your QVW's. All depends upon the size of your project, number of colors involved, etc.

Regards,

Rob

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Tjeerd Wieberdink,

I have created a video post on this topic. Here is the link...

http://qlikshare.com/41

I hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you all for your input. The RGB trick is working well enough.