cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Enterprise server questions?

Hi experts, i want to improve to an enterprise edition server(from sbe) and have some question.

I see this image and have some question that you could help to undestand:

1) Integration: Third Party Security integration: this could be in relation that not only AD is allowed to acces to the aplication?

2) Dinamic data update(real time server is retired as a product form qlikview 11 sr1): what this mean?

3)The Enterprise edition allow server clustering, but i need to get an special clustering license? or what to do the clustering? the license came with the server?

thank you a lot

Fernando

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1) You will have to write some kind of application that perform Dynamic Update towards a QlikView Application that is running. It will do updates without needing to perform a reload. However the application should always be run only by a single user or an administrator. Or even just be an automated application running pushing updates. There is very little documentation on how to use it although you find some in the QlikView Reference Manual as a brief SYNTAX diagram. Further help has to be done via the community I think. I myself have some example applications. Please notice that this is not meant as any type of high volume full updates in any way. It has quite some limitations and is not especially robust. Used with caution it can be useful.

2) Clustering License is nothing you ask for if you buy one license. If you later decide to go for clustering you will by and additional server license and ask for the license you have to be converted into a clustering license. This is only a new LEF-file that enables this feature for a certain amount of servers.

You pay for the # of servers but you ask for having two or more of them as clustered - which doesn't cost anything by itself.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1) Yes that is true - you can use other types of authentication mechanisms instead of or besides AD. Like LDAP or ODBC database etc

2) Dynamic Data Update - it is included and licensed as a part of Enterprise Edition without any additional costs.

3) Yes it allows but does not include it in the price. You will have to license at least two servers and have the licenses for these being made specifically for clustering. With only one license you will not be able to take advantage of clustering but be allowed to have it if purchasing more EE-edition licenses.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thank you Petter!

Two question:

1) Dynamic Data Update - it is included and licensed as a part of Enterprise Edition without any additional costs.

This mean that the application will refresh automaticaly and the user do not have to exit and get in to refresh the documents? or what?

2)that you expalin is clustering license? you have to buy one clustering license if you want to cluster in two servers?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1) You will have to write some kind of application that perform Dynamic Update towards a QlikView Application that is running. It will do updates without needing to perform a reload. However the application should always be run only by a single user or an administrator. Or even just be an automated application running pushing updates. There is very little documentation on how to use it although you find some in the QlikView Reference Manual as a brief SYNTAX diagram. Further help has to be done via the community I think. I myself have some example applications. Please notice that this is not meant as any type of high volume full updates in any way. It has quite some limitations and is not especially robust. Used with caution it can be useful.

2) Clustering License is nothing you ask for if you buy one license. If you later decide to go for clustering you will by and additional server license and ask for the license you have to be converted into a clustering license. This is only a new LEF-file that enables this feature for a certain amount of servers.

You pay for the # of servers but you ask for having two or more of them as clustered - which doesn't cost anything by itself.