Error: TLS 1.0 has been disabled in this organization
I was wondering if some of you came across similar issue: so, we recently discovered that we are no longer able to extract data from SalesForce Sandbox and we are getting below error message when we are trying to run the job from the management console:
TLS 1.0 has been disabled in this organization. Please use TLS 1.1 or higher when connecting.
We never noticed that before (mostly due to the fact that that there was no development required for this QV report and also because we were running this job locally, from our PC's). We can still extract data when running the script locally, which is always a valid workaround. However, following the information submitted by SalesForce team on Help | Training | Salesforce
looks like TLS 1.0 has been disabled a while ago for all sandboxes (and this unfortunately has never been announced by partners who are hosting both Sandbox and Live) and soon they are planning to do it in production environment leaving is in quiet an unpleasant place of not being able to run our Live daily jobs. I'm starting to think that this could be potentially related to two things:
- version of Java - locally we have Java 8, which (following the info from SalesForce website) should enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2, which would explain why we are able to run the script locally. I'm not sure what version we have currently on the server, but will probably be able to confirm this shortly.
- version of QV SalesForce connector - we are currently on v11 and looks like: 'Version 13.1 of the Salesforce Connector adds support for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2, which is required to connect with Salesforce.com’s TLS 1.1 and 1.2.'
Marked this as answered as we did manage to get our connection to SandBox back. To do so we upgraded:
- SalesForce connector to v13
- .Net framework on our box
This seem to be working fine (all connections are now ok), but we started hitting the same issue as described here: Qlik SalesForce Connector
Connection times out much quicker than with v11 and we are now able to extract only a half of data from one of the SF tables in one go. We are still pretty much in the middle of investigating if we can drop this information or our business users still want to see the historical records, but thought it could be helpful to some of you in the near future.