Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error during reload regarding size

I occasionally get an error that reads,

"The query cannot be completed. Either the size of the query result is larger than the maximum size of a database (2 GB), or there is not enough temporary storage space on the disk to store the query result."

When I get this error I can usually reload immediately and it will go just fine, but it's getting to be a nuisance.  This morning I got the error 3 or 4 times before it went through.  The database that it's hitting is very small and the query result is only 34K rows and so I'm not sure what the issue could be.  The data is coming from an access db on our network.  The query itself is only hitting one table and that table itself only contains about 50K rows.  Does anyone have any advice on how to avoid this error?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jared,

Did you ever solve this issue as we have the exact same problem?

Thanks

Anthony

marcus_sommer

I think the problem is by the access-database which could have max. 2 GB on size including all temporary actions (a 32-bit application could only adress 2 GB on RAM). Quite often it's helpful to start the database-option: Compact and repair database files - Access.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply.

My concern is that the Access DB is less than 50mb with 4000 rows and the extract is very basic.

Anthony

marcus_sommer

Does the sql-statement run within the access-db and are you accessing the right database? Another point could be the used odbc/oledb-driver which might not suitable.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

I would like to confirm that changing to OLEDB resolved the issue.

Thanks

Anthony