cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in Pick & Match combination.

Hi all,

I am storing a date in a variable vNdebut (works)

trying to go through a table (Ventes_Produits) to search a field corresponding the variable vNdebut.

I am not able to retrive the value. can  any help me to find the error i am doing.

Thanks for your help

Djega

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share your application to look at it

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try '$(vNdebut)' in the expression (quotes included) instead of $(=vNdebut).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny & Jonathan,

The file is huge and I cannot send it or share, because it contains financial data.Sorry for that,

When clicking a select (calendar); I store the date content in a variable, (numeric format)

I want to pick the value of another field in the table.

The sentence i use is

=pick(wildmatch('FILTER_JOUR_ID',($(vNdebut)),'CN1DEBUT')

It is not working

The other question was related to date, I converted the date into numeric, it worked.

Thanks for your help

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your application is huge and may contain confidential data, you should nevertheless be able to create a small sample QVW with sample mock up data that shows what you are trying to achieve (as far as I see, you are operating on a single tables with dates, I believe you should be able to create a sample table easily).

There might be different issues you are coping with:

- It's not clear how your data model looks like and in which fields you are selecting and you are using in your expressions (e.g. FILTER_JOUR_ID vs. JOUR_ID)

Maybe your selections is already limiting the record set in a following expression? Then try a set expression to ignore your selection.

- Maybe your expression is not returning an unambiguous value, in general you should consider using aggregation functions in expressions:

Use Aggregation Functions!

Another method to look up the value of another field could be like

= Only({<JOUR_ID = {'$(=Date(vNdebut))'}>} CN1DEBUT)

or

=MinString({<JOUR_ID = {'$(=Date(vNdebut))'}>} CN1DEBUT)

But double check if the field names are correct and the date formats may need to match:

Dates in Set Analysis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, it worked,  You are all great by taking time to help others

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your request is resolved, then please consider closing this thread by marking helpful and/or correct answers.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful