Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in using Wildmatch multiple times in the script

Hello,

Are there any limitations in using wildmatch multiple times in the script. I am using wildmatch for more than 60- 70 times in my script, after a particular point the script is throwing an error and is not accepting wildmatch at all.

Can anybody help?

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Make sure you are closing the statement properly.

Meaning You have used  ( ) properly.

If possible upload the Qvw file

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

There is know limit on the function which could be used in script.As suggested by Kaushik try checking out the brackets () properly closed and if your searchable strings are characters then make sure all the searchable strings are in single quotes.

If possible post your expression here. will try to debug.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Kaushik and Sridhar,

I have cross checked my script there is no syntax error in it; have closed all the brackets, the single quotes and used '*' for every wildmatch added in it.

Please find below a snapshot of te script which i am using

"IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'Administration*'),'Administration',

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'Audit*'),'Audit',

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'BPS*'),'BPS',

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'CF*'),'CF',

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'Compliance*'),'Finance' ,

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'eGovernance*'),'ITA',

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'Finance*') ,'Finance',

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'Forensic*'),'Forensic' ,

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'FRM*'),'FRM' ,

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'HR*'),'HR',

IF(Wildmatch(DESCRIPTION, 'SPI*'),'ITA'  ....

i have over 69 loops in it, the moment i start the 70th loop it does not allow me to write wildmatch after IF statement.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

From your code it seems that you are trying to map the Text with some other Text.

If this is what you want to achieve, then instead of using if statement you can use the mapping functions of Qlikview.

Here is the example of mapping.

Hope this will Help you

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!