Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Error opening qvw file in QlikView Desktop.

In QlikView Desktop -> open, the qvw file does not open and there is an error.

<Pop-up message>
After confirming popup 1, popup 2 appears.
Error message #1: Failed to load document temp.qvw.
Error message #2: Failed to open document.

How do I solve it?
Please answer me.

Thanks & Regards.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

The user might not have a proper licence. Also there could be missing access-rights to file within the active directory. Further possibilities are the use of prj-folder (and again missing rights) or that any section access is applied. Other reasons might be any OnOpen actions/macros. Further inappropriate creating/opening releases might cause errors.

Therefore, just check the licence and if the document could be opened by other user/machines/clients/releases. 

- Marcus

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The same qvw file opens on server 2 but not on server 1.

How do I check the license?

Please answer.
Thanks & Regards.

marcus_sommer

Before looking for the licence stuff open the app on server 2 and check for OnOpen actions/macros and any section access and if it exists disable it (you should have an appropriate Backup and you may also just copy & paste the file to apply the various checking). The next point should go the access-rights of the file - the security-properties within the explorer would answer this question.

- Marcus

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

1. Check OnOpen action/macro and section access

Are you telling me to check if qvw is open on another server?
Are you talking about closing it if it's open somewhere else?

2. Security properties within Explorer
Are you talking about right-clicking the qvw file on Windows Server and checking the properties?

If 1 and 2 are not what I understood, can you elaborate on which part to check?

Please answer.
Thanks & Regards.

marcus_sommer

1. Yes, opening the file and looking within the document-properties and the script for actions/macros and section access.

2. Yes, are the appropriate users listed with the proper access rights? In addition, just check if you could access the qvw per file-explorer - if not the server/network might not be available from the other server.

- Marcus