Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Every other LET variable fails

I am trying to create a script file of the world's currency symbols and am assigning variables to the hex code. For some reason every other variable isn't recognized and fails in the reload. They don't even turn blue. See picture below:

Variables.JPG.jpg

Can anyone see the problem? I assume the syntax for the symbol works since the blue variables work in text boxes.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The expression in the num#() function is not properly constructed, you have 3 single-quotes.

The format should be num#('4c', '(hex'))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The expression in the num#() function is not properly constructed, you have 3 single-quotes.

The format should be num#('4c', '(hex'))

Not applicable
Author

What is the target state of vALLSymbol? Should it be 'Lek'? If so, you might want to try something like this:

Let vALLSymbol = chr(num#('4c', '(hex)')) & chr(num#('65', '(hex)')) & chr(num#('6b', '(hex)'));

Not applicable
Author

Ah you're right. I created the formula in excel and it used that single quote to format the end of the function as text and was lost in concatenation. Thanks for your help!

My end result is to have a list of all currency symbols, e.g. $, €, ¥.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Why not using the decimal value and chr() instead of hex?

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

There was no specific reason. Mainly used hex because I knew it worked in that format, I didn't know that chr() used the decimal format. I think I am going to end up using decimal since it looks cleaner and there is less computing necessary.