Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Excel export issue

Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue while exporting data in to excel from a straight chart (attached screenshot).

And once i open the excel it says "<result><message text="Empty response" /></result>".

The same export works sometimes perfectly but suddenly start giving the above error and gets fixed automatically.

Any help will be really appriicated.

Thanks

KC !

Best Regards,
KC
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check Whether you have 2-node cluster QVS. It's mandatory to set Alternate Temporary Files Folder Path otherwise you get the issue like this.

Print with AJAX client, export or distribute does not work all the times in QVS Cluster if documents path is not shared.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi JKC,

Make sure you have the required extension enable.

Please see the highlighted one in attachment.

Br,

Habib Shaik. !untitled.png

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Habib,

Thanks for your input.

All the highlighted extensions are enabled in server.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

gwassenaarjaganhicstalwar1

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your server Edition and SR number ?

avinashelite

As per the images I could see it related to two different error mode ...1st is because the file is already in use and its allowing to do the operation i.e. to open also ...and 2nd one is for the file format issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check Whether you have 2-node cluster QVS. It's mandatory to set Alternate Temporary Files Folder Path otherwise you get the issue like this.

Print with AJAX client, export or distribute does not work all the times in QVS Cluster if documents path is not shared.

vikasmahajan

You can go through Export to excel giving problem while export from Access Point

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Krishnam, adding Alternate path seems to be working.

I will monitor the export behavior for some time

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC