Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickP_DF
Creator II
Creator II

Excel link from Qlikview

Hi guys,

I need to allow my user to click on an Excel cell exported from Qlikview and see the relative Photo; in the attached example, I realized what I need but, when I export to Excel QV data, in Excel is shown 

NickP_DF_1-1630687291830.png

So I have to push the F2 function + ENTER on every Excel B-cell to obtain a useful link

NickP_DF_2-1630687353864.png

All this for every exportation of thousand codes...

Have you got a trick to avoid my users these unwanted actions?

Thank you so much.

N.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure but if I remember it correctly I got it to work many years ago but I don't know which release it was from QlikView and from Excel and which settings were applied. Essentially is how the data and the meta-data are defined in QV and then transferred to Excel and are there interpreted. And here they comes simply as string-values.

There were multiple changes on this matter within the last years to the functionalities itself as well as to the set default-configurations (within the easter egg there are various ones to impact the export-behaviour but AFAIK none will work for all scenarios - means solving one issue will cause two other ones). You may here vote for a extended usability: Customizable Format Options for Excel Exports - Qlik Community - 1787889

An alternatively could be not to export the object else to copy it. If I copy this table as entire table to Excel:

marcus_sommer_0-1630846375562.png

I get this result with a working link:

marcus_sommer_1-1630846637985.png

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure but if I remember it correctly I got it to work many years ago but I don't know which release it was from QlikView and from Excel and which settings were applied. Essentially is how the data and the meta-data are defined in QV and then transferred to Excel and are there interpreted. And here they comes simply as string-values.

There were multiple changes on this matter within the last years to the functionalities itself as well as to the set default-configurations (within the easter egg there are various ones to impact the export-behaviour but AFAIK none will work for all scenarios - means solving one issue will cause two other ones). You may here vote for a extended usability: Customizable Format Options for Excel Exports - Qlik Community - 1787889

An alternatively could be not to export the object else to copy it. If I copy this table as entire table to Excel:

marcus_sommer_0-1630846375562.png

I get this result with a working link:

marcus_sommer_1-1630846637985.png

- Marcus

NickP_DF
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Marcus,

the suggestion to copy the table instead of export if works perfectly!

Thank you so much!

N.