Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Exception 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800705B4) Error

Hi everyone,

Could you help me please,

I have a 3 environments, in a task sometimes run and sometimes fail, I see the server and I have it installed the version 11.20.12904.0 of QlikView, and only the version 4.5 of .NET Framework.

Is necesary that I have installed  all the versions of .NET i mean the 3.5 and 4.0 versions?

(GenericLDAP.GenericLDAPProvider) Exception 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800705B4): This operation returned because the timeout period expired. ||  ||    at System.DirectoryServices.SearchResultCollection.ResultsEnumerator.MoveNext() ||    at System.DirectoryServices.SearchResultCollection.get_InnerList() ||    at System.DirectoryServices.SearchResultCollection.get_Count() ||    at GenericLDAP.GenericLDAPProvider.Search(String ldapQuery)' when searching for '(|(|(cn=eBI-eSODA-QV)(uid=eBI-eSODA-QV))(|(cn=eBI-Network)(uid=eBI-Network))(|(cn=eBI-QlikView-AdministrativeReporting)(uid=eBI-QlikView-AdministrativeReporting))(|(cn=eBI-QlikView-Developers)(uid=eBI-QlikView-Developers))(|(cn=ebi-QlikView-Operations)(uid=ebi-QlikView-Operations))(|(cn=eBI-QlikView-Testers)(uid=eBI-QlikView-Testers)))'

Exception checking names in provider QV(name: Configurable LDAP, type: LDAP): This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Thanks and regards!

2 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It´s not related to .Net version

The error messages says about a timeout searching your Active Directory.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

anyway, you could try upgrading to 11.20 SR14 (11.20.13314)