Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude a field from Reduc

found this in the community : "Reduce data is a great feature.  However it also deletes any setting from list boxes marked with "Always One Selected Value". Therefore: Exclude a field from Reduce data to avoid this."

how could i do this ? been going crazy on this issue. need to do reduce but how can i keep the "Always One Selected Value" ?

Thanks a lot guys

J

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I do not think so this feature is available right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how? can u send a screen shot?

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

take a list box and then go to properties and select on

"Always One value selected" in General tabl

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes i know, but after you select the "Always One value selected" in the list box  and you run reduce the  "Always One value selected" disappears

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jonathan,

The case trying to do is something which goes against the requirement of "Always one value selected" for Listbox.

Here is the case,

The pre-requiste for "Always one value selected" is that you need to first Select a single value and then this checkbox gets enabled.

Now,

If you Reduce Data with "Remove All Values" option, then it will make the ListBOx empty. and when you again reload the data, then in order to enable "Always one value selected" you have to select a single value. Does that make sense?

The other way I tried was, Reduce Data with "Keep Possible Values" this will not make the Listbox empty, thus a single value will be selected and so "Always one value selected" option will remain enabled.

Moreover, the requirement you saying, is already being added as an Idea to the community, So Qlik adminstrators might think of this in coming future.

Hope that was helpful.

THanks,

Angad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

You can also reduce the data by performing a limited load.  Go to Edit Script > Debug > then check the box next to limited load.  Usually 100 or 1000 rows will suffice, but depending on your data you may need to increase this to guarantee values will populate the fields you have checked as always one selected (e.g. a where clause could potentially eliminate all values in a given table using a limited load)

This is the method I use to reduce data in documents while maintaining the "Always One Selected Value" function.

-Sean