Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gilldilpreet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude a string from the search bar object

Hi

I am currently using a 'Search bar' object to search for values.

I used the following to search for courses containing both words: (*finance* & *investment*).

If I wanted to exclude the word 'property' from the results, what syntax would I use?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dilpreet

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rushikale0106
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Dilpreet,

To exclude the specific word from searches, follow the sequence.

1. Make your search query in the list box search. And get the required result with Finance and investment.

2. Select all the results shown on the list box, excluding unwanted values. It will get highlighted by the color green.

3. Again in the search query box, type "-" & "Word to exclude", in your case, it will be like "-Property".

In the end, the final result will display everything including Finances and Investment but excluding Property.

I have attached the images which I tried.

 

Regards,

Rushi

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rushikale0106
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Dilpreet,

To exclude the specific word from searches, follow the sequence.

1. Make your search query in the list box search. And get the required result with Finance and investment.

2. Select all the results shown on the list box, excluding unwanted values. It will get highlighted by the color green.

3. Again in the search query box, type "-" & "Word to exclude", in your case, it will be like "-Property".

In the end, the final result will display everything including Finances and Investment but excluding Property.

I have attached the images which I tried.

 

Regards,

Rushi

View solution in original post