Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exclude data from a list

Hi

I have a major problem and i could not solve it yet...

I have chart with calculated dimension... i want to exclude some data from a list of data in calculated dimension... actually i want to this in calculated dimension expression....

can anyone please help me on this ,,

Thanx  a lot

Regards

Sahar

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If anyone can give me a solution to add a list of data to another list and show them in calculated dimension, my problem will be solved...

Regards,

Sahar

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Sahar,

You can use this:

where  Field <> exclude_Part

Thanks,

AS

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

First, read this: QlikCommunity Tip: How to get answers to your post?

In the future it will help you write your question in such a way that it elicits more responses

The technique to exclude values from a dimension largely depends on the code used in your chart, both in calculated dimension and expressions. Please post both your calculated dimension and your expressions.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit

Thank you very much for your quickly response ...

how can i use <> in calculation Dimension... can you please enplane more detail...

Regards

Sahar

maxgro
MVP
MVP

assuming a chart with dimension Dim3, expression sum(...)

you can use this calculated dimension (to exclude values X and Y from dimension)

=if(match(Dim3, 'X', 'Y',), null(), Dim3)

and flag "Suppress when value is null" if you want suppress the row with null

but it depends on your chart as Peter suggests

Not applicable
Author

Hi peter

Thanks for your kindly response...

actually the problem is from BTS Analysis Dashboard.... in this dashboard we divided BTS in 9 section ....suppose the 3*3 matrix....

Untitled.png

Suppose i have a chart base on the segmentation like the above picture and the dim of chart must show the BTSs that are in section 1,2 and 3

so i have to use calculated dimension .suppose i need to show bts in section 1 in that case my calculated dimension is something like: if (x>=1.5 and y>=1.5,BTS)... but i dont know how can i write an expression for section 1 and 2 and 3 ....

Regards

Sahar