Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvgeniaZ
Contributor
Contributor

Exclude last selection on specific variable to back on Back action.

Need to make back button (with Back Action) to back exclude to change one variable.

I mean if couple selection were selected and after it the variable (vShowFilters) changed  click on back button will revert last changes - changes on variable, when need to revert one change before.

Is it possible?

Example attached.

Steps :

1. select couple selections

2. Click to change vShowFilter variable

3. Click on button back

6 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

are you saying that when the user clicks on one button that changes the variable, then selects filters, you want a button that reverses both actions at the same time?

what if the user selects a filter, sets the variable, then selects a filter.  would the back button revers the last two actions?  there will be combinations where it will be confusing which pair goes together as QV considers each a BACK-able event and does not bundle them together.

i would suggest you convince your business to click the back button twice or once depending on what they did (they may click the variable button, filter, then filter again - so the back that reverses the last filter and flips the variable may not be relevant)

EvgeniaZ
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The concept is to show "filters page" - filters on top of others object, then select couple filters, then hide filters with my vShowFilter variable, which is using in condition to show/hide the filter.
Then when user click on back button with Back action not to change vShowFilter variable back, only revert last filter change.

In QlikView 10 SR5 variable values are changed with Back and Forward operation.https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003277

Is it possible to get around last change on variable ?

EvgeniaZ
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Edwin, please read the explanation above this replay.

I prepared more clear example model.

Please see.

edwin
Master II
Master II

i think i get it

@Kushal_Chawda @Brett_Bleess     is there away to back only the selections and not the variables?  im now interested in knowing myself

Kushal_Chawda

@EvgeniaZ  on button action, select "Set variable"

Variable : vShowFilters

Value: =if(vShowFilters=0,0,1)

EvgeniaZ
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Kush,
very nice solution, however not passing my test ... 
In case user set filters not from the filter page, but from the table it's not working.