Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding fields from a Current Selections Box

Within our application, we have several fields which are used to control navigaton and other flow within the application.  These fields have no meaning to the application user and so can be confusing if displayed,  How do we exclude these fields from the current selection box?

Here is what displays now.  The field marked with a yellow highlighter is what we wish to exclude.

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Sorry no "as"

TAG Field yourfield $hidden;

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

set HidePrefix = '%' ;

Then While load the field, rename as %FieldName;

Its hide the fieldname;

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Tag ActiveSheet as $hidden

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Have you tried using alternate states

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator

Dear Vahanan Ramasamy,

if i use set hide prefix with section access . my section access is not working. if i remove set hideprefix my section access working fine. 

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator

Dear Ken Jones,

try this 

Sheet Properties -> Triggers - > Add action - > ADD - > ACtionType - > Selection - > Clear Field - > select the needful fields

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil,

When I added these to the script, it worked as specified.  Thanks.

Ken

Not applicable
Author

When I try to do this in the script, I get and error on the "as" ..  Should I be trying to accomplish this elsewhere?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Sorry no "as"

TAG Field yourfield $hidden;

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, clearing this field results in conditionally "hidden sheets" becoming visible ... and if we wanted that, we wouldn't need the "ActiveSheet" field.  Thanks for the thought.