cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclusion of data in straight table from a non related field

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude certain data from the straight table based on a condition of a field which I do not want in the table?

E.g. I want to show sales by region, so just the Region and sum of amount in the table but I want to exclude employees who are terminated, so that will be terminated status <> 'inactive' 

I would prefer an option other than SET, maybe some sort of conditional enabling if possible.

Thanks,

Sunny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could simply select the other values in the terminated status field. The other option is using an if statement to filter out the inactives. But that's worse than using a bit of set analysis imho.
sum(If( [terminate status] <> 'inactive',amount)) versus sum({<[terminated status]-={'inactive'}>}amount). The latter is a bit harder to understand, but is much more efficient than an if statement.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is there a reason you don't want to use Set analysis here?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want to include multiple calculations at a later stage and would like to keep the formulas simpler, no other reason but somehow I am curious to know that it should have an easy fix to this. It's not that complicated

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could simply select the other values in the terminated status field. The other option is using an if statement to filter out the inactives. But that's worse than using a bit of set analysis imho.
sum(If( [terminate status] <> 'inactive',amount)) versus sum({<[terminated status]-={'inactive'}>}amount). The latter is a bit harder to understand, but is much more efficient than an if statement.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

For my experience I have found set analysis to be easier to understand once you understand what it is doing... anyways... have you tried this?

Sum(If([terminated status] <> 'inactive', Amount))
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok looks the professional opinion is with Set, I was hoping for a simpler option, but will go with Set then. 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

will go with your experience then, SET it is 

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Good choice 🙂