Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execute .qvw files of another user from Control-M

Hi,

We are here trying to execute .qvw files created by another user through Control-M. Kind of integrate the execution/refresh process of the .qvw files.

This scenario is similar to executing the files created by another user, we are aware of the limitations on the Personal Edition of Qlikview, where we cannot run the .qvw files created by another user(more than 4 times).

I want to know if there is any other way we can run the .qvw files with another user.

like:

• Getting an Enterprise edition?
  • Buying a group license of the personal edition?

Please help in this regard,

Feel free to ask more question in case of any clarifications.

Regards,

Ani.

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could buy stand alone Desktop User licenses (though sales people can be reluctant to sell you these as they want to sell you Qlikview Server instead). Or you can buy Qlikview Server, for example the SBE (Small Business Edition) that iirc comes with a minimum of 5 user cal licenses.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I was going through other threads, found some info on EDX(link below). Could this be any use to me instead of buying a server ?

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2650

Regards,

Ani.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, EDX is for manipulating a Qlikview Server. If you wish to violate the license agreement for the use of Personal Edition you will have to get a bit more creative.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, So only having a Personal Edition does not take me anywhere. Thanks there.

Also, if we are getting a license key, would that help? Is it similar to buying a server or just getting the license for Personal edition?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Getting a license key would help since that would turn a Personal Edition installation in a licensed Qlikview Desktop installation. But as I said Sales Persons can be hard to convince that they are in fact allowed to sell you such licenses.

Not applicable
Author

So, one more novice question.

If I could manage to get license and make it a Qlikview Desktop Installation, will the license still have limitation on the number of times the recovery option can be used, i.e., maximum 4 times.

Or I will be free to open 'n' user's files 'n' number of times?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Right, no limitations with licensed QV Desktop..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ralf.

We have a license bought for single user and are trying to execute/refresh the .qvw files from a external scheduler tool (Control-M). In this scenario, how can we go ahead.

Can control-M user the Single User's license?

Note : We are able to trigger the TEST.qvw with below command placed in the .bat file.

But obviously unable to succeed because of the prompt of limitaion pops up and CMD doesnt respond to it.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "D:\TEST.qvw"

Regards,

Ani

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I don't know Control-M. But have you tried to start the same command from CMD on the box with the licensed QV Desktop?

Astrato.io Head of R&D