Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Executing EDX vis a SQL Agent JOB (SSIS or RunCmd)

We are trying to execute the QMSEDX exe on our QV server using a batch file containing the necessary command (i.e. qmsedx.exe -qms="http://oursever:4799/QMS/Service" -task="Reload" -password="".

There are 3 possible Jobs set up:

RunCmd – The Job has a run command to call the necessary batch file

SSIS_Script – The job executes a SSIS package that contains a Script Task that executes the batch file

SSIS_ExecP – The job executes a SSIS package that contains an Execute Process Task that runs the batch file.

The  2 SSIS methods work when ran locally via BIDS.

The login that runs the SQL Servant Agent / jobs has been given necessary permissions to the folder that contains all the EDX requirements (Batch file, QMSEDX.exe, etc)

When running as a Job (Scheduled or manually executed) the first 2 jobs end as successes but the actual qmsedx line does not seem to execute (I have tried putting a standard dos command in the batch file and that works fine).  The third method just hangs.

I have tried adding the SET SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS=1 to the batch file and that has not made any difference as far as I can tell.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Replies