Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execution order of actions

Is there any way to control the order that actions are run or should I go back to macros?

16 Replies
ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

No, it is not a bug. It works different. To switch variables A with B, simply assign

• Variable A = Variable B
  • Variable B = Variable A

No 3rd Variable in the game. It has to do with the time when the new settings become effective. As long as the action block is being executed (has not reached the last action), none of the changes on fields and values become active. They are "prepared" in a separate state, which at the end gets applied. Therefore, the above actions will do.

-best regards

mark_casselman
Creator
Creator

Thanks Christof,

I tried your solution and it works ! Thanks for that.

I was too much confused with the promote and demote options. But now I understand that they do not apply on the execution order (it still is confusing in my humble opinion).

Not applicable
Author

Should give him an a usefull or correct answer. And thanks Christof!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Has there been any updates (planned or otherwise) that would fix this issue? 

suman_731995
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update related to this Bug in SR 12 - Nov 2017 release?

Thanks,

Suman 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't believe there is any identified bug here. The effect of actions are intentionally isolated until the action block ends to avoid endless cascading. 

-Rob

ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rob and everyone!

Do you guys know if this behavior also applies to Qlik Sense?

I have set a few actions to be executed when clicking a button, and I'm getting unexpected results. I think it has to do with Qlik Sense not waiting until finishing an action to start the next one.

Is all this related to the multithreaded nature of both QlikView and Qlik Sense?

Thanks!