Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Link on a table or chart column

I want to have a link "Export" in a column of a chart/table and upon clicking the "Export" link, the data should be exported to csv file. Any help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

no option

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert Wassenaar for the reply. Is it possible to have a field on the chart to have export action instead of link? For example, if you check the attached jpeg file in my original thread, there is a column "Number Of Sent Messages". If I click on any value on the column, the data should be exported to a excel file. Is that possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you "Chanty 4u". I am just wondering to know if we could have a column field in the chart/table to be tied with export action. Please advice.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe, but that gets very messy very soon. You'd have to create a macro and add an Execute Macro action to the OnAnySelect document trigger. Then you'd have to build in all sorts of checks to make sure only the selections you're interested in will actually result in the execution of the macro. And of course the macro will not work in the ajax client.

avinashelite

In the charts We don't have the option to trigger the action we need to use the text or button for the same...and even if you trigger the action using text object or button we need to make use of the macro to capture all the selection and need to manage ..which will be a tedious job