Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export Option for Personal Edition

Hi

I am using Qlikview personal edition.

Can I export the QVW as SWF, ppt or in any other format?

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

QlikView allows you to export objects to XLS or CSV files, or print them as PDF if you have got a PDF printer. There are some posts on the forums on how to create macro code to export to PPT, but this is not officially supported by QlikView.

As far as I know, there is no SWF converter, certainly not something native. All these applies for both Personal Edition and licensed editions.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I want a interactive dashboard that I can run through PPT or internet explorer.

I checked some of the posts that talks about OCX and IE Plugin but I am not sure how to use it.

can you provide some more details pl?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

When used in a server environment (and for that you need QlikView Server, that is a different software that runs undera specific license) you can access to the documents using a Plugin for Internet Explorer, that is, basically, the same as the Personal Edition software that you are already using, but without all the part for script, editor help, and so.

It runs only under Internet Explorer (check the Release Notes to see further requirements on versions and limitations), and it uses OCX / ActiveX objects.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Right. So what option I have to run qlikview report in powerpoint for Personal edition?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

As far as I know, there are two options. What you can do is export the objects to a PPT file using a macro or add an OCX control (if available) in PowerPoint, Insert, Object, QlikOCX Control, and set the QVW document and the ID of the object (to see the ID of any object go to the object Properties, General tab).

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I tried with QlikOCX but it gives error:  can not open QVW document

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Do this instead: open QlikView, open Powerpoint, copy the object in QlikView (Control + C) and paste it directly into Powerpoint.

That should work as well.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Copy paste option is not working. I also tried inserting QlikOCX Control object in powerpoint but it says document can not be opened.

Can you suggest some alternative?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Did you try copying and pasting from QlikView to Excel or Word?

Are you using x64 bit or 32 bit computer?

Miguel