Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export QlikView report to PDF

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to export a QlikView report to PDF, without using a specific virtual printer on the client.

I'm using ActiveX and as I click on the report it ask me to select the printer, while if I open the same document using the Ajax mode it correctly works without the need of any printer on client side.

Have you any idea ?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can check it here : http://community.qlik.com/message/34562

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Ok, but it seems that I need to install a printer on the client.

I don't want to install anything on client machine.

There is no other way ?

Not applicable
Author

Then I think you can go for Nprinting.

I don't have much idea about Nprinting, so not sure if you need to install anything for that.

Though have received help from community only regarding  Nprinting, you can have a look:

http://community.qlik.com/message/391136

Hope this is helpful!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, there are other ways.

• QlikTech has a PDF Report Distribution Module, a plug-in for QVS/Publisher. Simple to install and use, just a tad expensive.
  • Third-party tools provide advanced design and manipulation of PDF output. Check out NPrinting  in the QlikMarket

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you Peter.

With the PDF Report Distribution Module I can generate the PDF (using ActiveX mode) without the need to install the printer on server side ?

Have you ever experienced that ?

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, as the name implies, this is a Distribution function. AccessPoint visitors cannot initiate this PDF distribution module. However they will get the output of this module via a QlikView distribution mechanism. You'll have to prepare your reload task to distribute as PDF. And AFAIK the PDF generator is built-in.

If you want your visitors to be able to print reports in PDF from the AJAX AccessPoint, you'll have to do with a solution like NPrinting, or install client PDF printer drivers.

Hope this is clear.

Peter