Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export Window Title / Merge cells & create table heading in data table

Hi,

I`m trying to do one of the following to export the caption of a table into excel from Qlikview:

1) Find a way (not via macro) to include the Window Title when exporting to Excel.

or

2) Create my own heading within my data table, above all my other dimensions in order to easily export it to Excel.

What I`m looking for in no. 2 is something similar to this:

STOCK AVAILABILITY BY BRANCH
BRANCH# ITEMS# AVAILABLETOTAL %SLOW MOVERS %TOP MOVERS %
or this:

STOCK AVAILABILITY BY BRANCH
BRANCH# ITEMS# AVAILABLETOTAL %SLOW MOVERS %TOP MOVERS %

If someone is able to help me I`d really appreciate it. Any other ideas are also welcome, as long as there is no macro involved.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you got qlikview server?

Not applicable
Author

We should get Qlikview server within the next couple of months.

Is this a prerequisite? And if so, please provide me with the details of how to accomplish the task mentioned above.

If not...I`m open to suggestions...

Not applicable
Author

If you had qlikview Server you can drag the chart from the access point and embed the chart into an excel, powerpoint or word document. As long as you are connected to the server you can have your report sat in another document and it still remains dynamic and interactive.

You can also have list boxes, and clear buttons in the excel or word document.

I am not sure how to solve the problem at the moment....I will have a think.

sorry I could not be of more help,

Regards,

Neil

Not applicable
Author

It's not a problem, I appreciate the response, Neil.

I`m actually trying to establish whether it is possible at all. In anycase here is some more details regarding the problem:

- The request came from one of our managers, so being fully connected to the server would not be possible

- Running Qlikview Version 8.5

Thanks in advance!!

Not applicable
Author

Hello! I also need to insert some header rows in Excel before the table.

Someone has any response?

Thank all.