Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export macro does not work on AccessPoint?

Hi All,

we have a small application in which we created a button and applied macro to export the straight table data to an excel sheet. it all fine on desktop.

when i open the same document on access point, Export button does not work.

the path for the Excel destination after export is C:\Temp\test.xlsx. we are Using Qlikview 11.20 (IE plugin is installed by default???).

i have read lot of posts in the community and tried few things like provided system access to Macro, IE settings etc..

but nothing worked for me. our application link looks something like below:

http://<ServerName>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=AP/<DocName>.qvw&host=QVS@<ServerName>.

Can someone please suggest what should be done to achieve this task?

and also, when i give the path as C:\Temp\test.xlsx, does it get stored on server folder or local desktop folder?

I am new to qlikview.. so please help..

Thanks

Jyothi

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey.

try to give the generic path using variable or direct.

ex: ..\test\template.xlsx

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

C:\Temp\test.xlsx, get stored local desktop folder you are accessing the Dashboard.

If you want to save this in server try like this

Share this drive C:\Temp, and now give the shared drive path in the macro

\\SomeIp\SharedDriveName\test.xlsx

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Jyothi,

I seem to remember hearing of issues not working in general in either the Ajax client or the IE plugin. I would suggest trying the other client type to what you are trying.

In any case, the export may fail as you are trying to export to a file location which is unlikely to exist on the devices of all accessed clients, especially if this client is accessing via a mobile device.