Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export the QV Sheet to PDF

My dashboard contains more than 100 objects, and they combined each other in a proper way. After I put them into the Report Editor and export to PDF, while the dashboard seems ok itself in accesspoint, the PDF file seems not good because a lot of objects are overlapped. I tried to export it manually by right click the sheet and select the Print..., the PDF file seems much better. Does anyone know if this can be done by Macro or have any other good idea that can be automatic?
By the way, I have already install the PDFCreator.
Thanks a lot.

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It's impossible to create a 1:1 copy from sheet into a report especially if it's a rather complex sheet. With a lot of efforts you could get nearby but it's a quite frustrating job. But to print a sheet isn't perfect, too. You get all objects with right size and position but the sharpness from print is reduced - good enough to read it but you will see differences. For this you could use a macro like (from APIGuide.qvw):

rem ** print active sheet **

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.Print

There are many posting here within the forum about the automation of print and exports, like this example:

Print Report to PDF with open source PDFCreator

Are there more (complex) printing-tasks or higher needs to perfect-pixel reporting you should look to tools like NPrinting: NPrinting FAQ

- Marcus