Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to CSV rounding the values.

Hello,

I have a situation where I need to export my data to a CSV file, when I tried doing it, the values are getting rounded. When I did some research on this, I understood that the reason could be the Ajax plugin. I am relatively new to qlikview . I would really appreciate if someone can help to solve this problem.

1)How to find the plugin that is being used from the access point and how to change/install a different plugin?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Heera

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

on your access Point beneath your application, click on "view Details", wher you can choose your favorite Version

did you try to Format the number (document/Settings/number) to your desired Format?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

on your access Point beneath your application, click on "view Details", wher you can choose your favorite Version

did you try to Format the number (document/Settings/number) to your desired Format?

Not applicable
Author

I did a test on my server and I exported a data table that contains the column with 3 decimals, using the native export to Excel of QlikView

I have not seen rounding, how many places you have to export?
Obviously exported decimals that you defined in the tab number for your expressions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rudolf Linder,

One of our user says that there are two options there the full browser versions and small device version, Seems there is no IE Plugin. How can we have the IE Plugin as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gennaro,

It is working good with excel, but the problem is with CSV. Trying to export two decimal points.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

plugin must be installed on your Computer. you may download it from Qlikview (included in Installation Software) or if you have IT department they must provide the plugin for installation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rudolf for the reply.....

Not applicable
Author

Try with "No Formatting" option in:

"Setting, User Preferences, Export, Number Formatting"

You are exporting with a macro?
You can post the macro code or an example of qvw?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gennaro,

I tried the option you have suggested by changing the Setting, User Preferences, Export, Number Formatting" to no formatting. it didn't help me. I am not using a macro here, once I open the document in qlikview access point, I click on the object properties  and choose the export to CSV option.