Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export to Excel as ; separated

Hi,

When I export data from Qlickview to Excel and the number of rows is higher than 65 thnd then I get data in Excel as an imported ; separated file.  Every row lookes like this:

21071058;1700;7592302090;1;42,34;25,00%

I am using Office 2007 that can handle over a million records but Qlickview doesn't seem to care. How or where can I change this?

Best regards,

Michel van de Vosse

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Michel

Qlikview uses BIFF format for excel exports which is limited to 64 thousand rows.

This cannot be changed

Also see this thread, http://community.qlik.com/message/29209#29209

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What version of QlikView are you using and are you exporting via a Web Browser or QlikView Client?

Thanks,

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are a number of places where you can export/send QV data to Excel. Which one are you using? Desktop/Server/Object/Script/Macro?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I am using version 11.20 and I am exporting with the export to qlickview button opn the top right of my pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry to be pedantic but are you in a Web Browser (if so which one IE/Chrome/etc) are you using AJAX, JAVA, Plug-in... or are you using a QlikView Client installed on your local machine?

Sadly there are a number of ways to export to Excel and I personally have never seen an issue like you describe. So to know how you have encountered this is very helpful.

If possible maybe posting the document you are having this issue with as this might allow others to replicate what you are doing in their environment.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Michel

Qlikview uses BIFF format for excel exports which is limited to 64 thousand rows.

This cannot be changed

Also see this thread, http://community.qlik.com/message/29209#29209

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Oh Sorry, desktop installation, but recording to Bill it doesn't really matter because of the BIFF format.

Thanx Bill for your answer, Hope Qlicktech solves this in the next update.