Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to Excel not working

I have a few QlikView users that when they click on the XL icon to export to Excel, nothing happens or Excel opens up and the page is blank. Any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Un-installing and re-installing MS Office actually ended up correcting the issue along with one additional step. We had to add our URL to the trusted sites in IE.

Below is how you add it to a trusted site.

Open IE.

Click on the Settings icon.

Click on Internet options

Click on the Security tab and then click on the Sites button.

Click on Advanced.

Make sure that your Qlik URL is in the list and if it is not, add it.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you write any macro to achieve this?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No I do not. I just have the box checked under the Chart Properties on the Caption tab that says Send to Excel.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Check this in QMC -> Documents

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This box is already checked. Could it be an issue with the users computer that is causing the reports not to export?

Muthu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try to select only limited data and click on export.

May be if data is huge this problem occurs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I selected 2 lines of data and it still did not work. Excel opens but the page is blank and no sheet opens up. See image below.Excel issue.JPG

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Did you tried this on couple of PCs ? Is this happening only on a particular PC ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is only happening on a couple of PC's. If I log in using the same user account and export it to Excel on my machine or several other coworkers machines it exports fine. I feel like the issue is PC/Excel related but I don't know how to fix it. Thanks.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

ok got it. Are you using Excel 2016 ? If you are, then did you upgraded recently ?