Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_Smith
Contributor II
Contributor II

Export to Excel returning an empty spreadsheet

Hi, 

We have a Qlikview App which is being deployed to our Qlik SAAS cloud hub.

There is one particular chart which, when I try to export to excel it always returns an empty Excel spreadsheet.

I have tried to filter the results to a smaller sample, but still getting an empty Excel spreadsheet.

I am able to export other similar charts within the same Qlikview App to Excel.

If i open the same Qlikview App from the Qlikview Access Point rather than the Qlik SAAS cloud hub, I can export the data from this chart to excel.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Adam_Smith_0-1647385927549.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Smith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone,

1. The app is published.

2. I tried to duplicated the chart. This didn't exactly fix the issue, but it did help me find the cause.

The chart had a calculation condition set. If I republish the app when the calculation condition is true, I can export the data. But if republish the app when the calculation condition is false, and then set the calculation condition to true within the app, I can see the data but cannot export the data.

For now I have removed the calculation conditions on this chart and all is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Adam_Smith,
a couple of questions:

1. is the app still staged, or is published?
  2. if you duplicate the chart, does the export work?

​​​​

Thanks!​​

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Adam_Smith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone,

1. The app is published.

2. I tried to duplicated the chart. This didn't exactly fix the issue, but it did help me find the cause.

The chart had a calculation condition set. If I republish the app when the calculation condition is true, I can export the data. But if republish the app when the calculation condition is false, and then set the calculation condition to true within the app, I can see the data but cannot export the data.

For now I have removed the calculation conditions on this chart and all is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks to you, @Adam_Smith !

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.