Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exporting full number to Excel

I have to display numbers which are in Millions in a Bar Chart. But numbers are taking too much space on the Y axis so I have divided the expressions by 1000 and i am displaying numbers in thousands.  But when i export that to excel i see the divided numbers whereas i want see the full number in millions. Ho do i do that ??

Example. My number is 3000000 i have divided it by 1000 so now my number is 3000. So my Y axis is showing 3000. And now when i am exporting the chart i am getting numbers in thousand(3000) but i want to see (3000000) in Excel.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You dont need to divide the numbers. You can right click on the chart. Under the number tab you can indicate symbols for thousands, millions and billions. If you specify a symbol for thousands, the chart will show figures in thousands. When you export it into excel, the real values will show up.

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer Janzen

That does but Axis shows numbers in thousands and labels show numbers in Millions. That is a bit confusing. Any other alternative

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can put the symbol under millions column so that it will not be confusing.

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1) Clone ur chart & only use sum(Sales) instead of Sum(Sales)/1000, say Chart 2.

2) Write macro named Excel to export to excel and use the chart id of the cloned chart(Chart 2) in the macro

3) Take a button or text object and name it XL and write on Actions tab External--> Run Macro--> Excel

4)  Go to Caption tab of Chart1 and uncheck Send to Excel & instead put this button or text object.

5) Don't forget to hide Chart 2 . Declare a variable vShow=1 & put Conditional in Layout tab by using vShow=0

Now as soon as u press this button or text object Chart 2 will be exported instead of Chart 1

Seems quite a few steps but easy. Hope it helps !!!

Regards

Not applicable
Author

i can do that but still on axes you will see like 30(Thousand) and on mouse over the bars u will see 30000. In my case both side i should see 30 but when i export i should see 30000

Not applicable
Author

i don't understand what u're saying.

The point here is: in QV u'll see the chart having expr divided by 1000

but the export will export the chart not divided by 1000.

Can u post a screenshot of the cloned chart having not divided by 1000.

Regards