Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Expression Comment Hover

Hello All.

We are using QlikView 11 SR2.

I enter a comment on a charts expression tab in order to display a description when the user hovers over the expression label.  The issue I am having is that the 'hover' description also includes the expressions label.

Is there a way to only display the comment when the user hovers over the label?

I have attached a very simple application to demonstrate this issue.  In the application, if I hover over the Total Value expression, I only want to see 'Total Dollar Value of Cases'.  What is displayed is 'Total Value' and 'Total Dollar Value of Cases'.

Thanks,

John.

7 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Total Value is the name of field (Column)

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Enrique.

Thanks for the reply.  What I what to do is not display the column label in the hover message.

John.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

I really do not think you can, but I will investigate it.

You can always use it to supplement your explanation right?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i was thinking the same.  You could eliminate the label, change all the cells to be transparent, insert a strategically placed text box behind with the label value in it so that it looks like there is a label in there.  then add a comment and only the comment will show up

Capture.PNG.png

Capture1.PNG.png

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

another solution would be to put a button right next to appear by tapping a text box with the explanation.

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan.

Thanks for the idea.  In my case, the production chart has over 21 expressions with scrolling.

I was hoping there was a way to simply ignore the label in the comment, however, from my investigation and the feedback from Enrique and yourself, it doesn't look like there is a simple solution.

Thanks for your suggestion.

John.

don_qlikview
Creator
Creator

You can do it in bar chart but not in the straight table.