Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III

Expression Overview crashes QV11 SR2 desktop

On one of my QVWs I noticed that 'Expression Overview' crashed my QV11 SR2 Desktop Client. Anyone else notice this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

After some investigation I was able to narrow the issue to a specific tab in my QVW. I then noticed that when I highlighted all objects on the screen (draw a selection box around them) and deleted them the problem went away (method 1). I then deleted them one by one, and the problem remained (method 2). I then noticed that I had some objects (textboxes and container objects) that remained when menthod 2 was used above (but were not visible to me). I deleted just these objects and the problem went away. Apparently during the course of development these objects were accidentally created (probably via copy-paste operations) and there was something about them that QlikView didn't like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

After some investigation I was able to narrow the issue to a specific tab in my QVW. I then noticed that when I highlighted all objects on the screen (draw a selection box around them) and deleted them the problem went away (method 1). I then deleted them one by one, and the problem remained (method 2). I then noticed that I had some objects (textboxes and container objects) that remained when menthod 2 was used above (but were not visible to me). I deleted just these objects and the problem went away. Apparently during the course of development these objects were accidentally created (probably via copy-paste operations) and there was something about them that QlikView didn't like.