Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zakpullen
Creator
Creator

Expression not producing expected results

Hi,

I have data similar to the fake table below. The start and end dates are the period for which a doctor is assigned to a RotaID. For any given month (MonthYear) I want to aggregate wte * rotadays for each RotaID. Rotadays are the number of days a doctor is assigned to a RotaID in the given month. For example, rotadays for May 2020 in the first row would be 4.

RotaTbl.JPG

I have a calculation that works fine if there is a single doctor against a RotaID in a specific month:

AGGR(Count(Distinct RotaDate)*sum(RotaWTE),RotaID,RotaMonthYear)

However it doesn't work if 2 doctors are against a RotaID in the same month. If we take RotaID Anaes SPR2 and August 2019 as an example.

The correct calculation should be:

Michael Wood: 31 * 0.7 = 21.7

Michelle Brown: 25 * 0.8 = 20

The expression should return 41.7 (21.7 + 20)

However, it is not performing each calculation seperately, and aggregating the results. It is first adding the wte together (0.7 + 0.8 = 1.5), and then multiplying that by the first count of rotadays (31) to produce 46.5.

I've experimented with my expression, but just cannot nail it. I tried including a RowID, but that didn't work.

Is there a solution? I don't think this can be done in the script as a calendar is created, and an interval table used to link it to the data table.

Many thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(
    Count(DISTINCT RotaDate) * Sum(RotaWTE)
, RotaID, RotaMonthYear, [First Name], [Last Name]))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(
    Count(DISTINCT RotaDate) * Sum(RotaWTE)
, RotaID, RotaMonthYear, [First Name], [Last Name]))
zakpullen
Creator
Creator
Author

That was quick, and it works!

Thank you so much.

Zak