Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan2391
Creator II
Creator II

Expressions

Hi,

I have 2 expressions and i made modifications to them. So my question is, are the changes done by me working fine or not ?

I mean the new expressions will be giving the same outputs as old expressions outputs or not.

1. OLD_Expr:

sum(IF(Guidance_Method_for_APT='MBG',If(SUM(TARGET_REVENUE)=0,0,SUM(NET_REVENUE)),

IF(Guidance_Method_for_APT='DBG',sum(NET_REV_GUID_DBG))))

NEW_Expr:

SUM({<TARGET_REVENUE-={0},Guidance_Method_for_APT={'MBG'}>}NET_REVENUE)

+

sum({<Guidance_Method_for_APT={'DBG'}>}NET_REV_GUID_DBG)

2.OLD_Expr:

SUM(IF(Guidance_Method_for_APT='MBG',If(SUM(TARGET_REVENUE)=0,0,SUM(NET_REVENUE)),IF(Guidance_Method_for_APT='DBG',sum(NET_REV_GUID_DBG))))

/

SUM(IF(Guidance_Method_for_APT='MBG',SUM(TARGET_REVENUE),IF(Guidance_Method_for_APT='DBG',sum(TARGET_REVENUE_DBG))))

NEW_Expr:

(SUM({<TARGET_REVENUE-={0},Guidance_Method_for_APT={'MBG'}>}NET_REVENUE)

+

sum({<Guidance_Method_for_APT={'DBG'}>}NET_REV_GUID_DBG))

/

(sum({<Guidance_Method_for_APT={'MBG'}>}TARGET_REVENUE)

+

sum({<Guidance_Method_for_APT={'DBG'}>}TARGET_REVENUE_DBG))

Please check and let me know.

Thank you

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Can you share Sample Files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Share some sample data so we can use your expression for verification.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From first view ...it seems that your results will be different as you are adding up data in set analysis while in if condition you have given on addition in else statement.

Share your sample data for more clarity.

Thanks,

mohan2391
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Please go through this thread, here you have given reply.

mohan2391
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mohan,

Here scenario is different beacuse we are comparing with your old and new expressions. means if and ste analysis conditions.

Thanks,

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you check values for same, If so that would be correct. If not, it won't be correct values please check and let us know so that we can move next steo

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful