Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgaleaQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Extend line to y axis in chart

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to extend a line from the last data point to the y axis in a line plot . I have data for items A, B, C and D and I would like to do this for the plot of each item (e.g. Plot A below) as well as the cumulative plot (i.e. A+B+C+D) (Plot ABCD below).

I've attached an example QlikView file and dataset.

Plot APlot A

Plot A

Plot ABCDPlot ABCD

Plot ABCD

Appreciate any help you can provide!!

Charles

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

if i understand this correctly, you have data only up yo a certain date/year and you want the last data point carried over to the remaining dates/years.  what you can do is pad your data with the data from the last date/year.  i would flag it so you can differentiate it.  then in your chart have two expressions so you can see where your original data ended and where the padding began.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

if i understand this correctly, you have data only up yo a certain date/year and you want the last data point carried over to the remaining dates/years.  what you can do is pad your data with the data from the last date/year.  i would flag it so you can differentiate it.  then in your chart have two expressions so you can see where your original data ended and where the padding began.

cgaleaQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Edwin. I was hoping not to add another data point but this should solve my problem!!

All the Best,

Charles

edwin
Master II
Master II

simplest is best
however, are you hesitant to do it that way due to volume?  will the additional padding drive your fact to the 100Ms?