Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extra character added to source control projects after ctrl+s

I'm having the weirdest problem with my projects after adding them to SVN. When I edit the load script, pressing control+s adds an extra unicode character where the cursor is. This character shows up as a double exclamation in qlikview, and as DC3 in notepad++. It only happens to projects in SVN, and only when hitting control+s to save, not when pressing the save icon.

After it happens, the script editor loses focus, and the main qlikview window is given focus. From then on you're able to switch focus between the two windows at will, and even open up a second instance of the script editor, though trying to save in this instance has caused some stability issues.

Has anyone come across something like this before?

2 Replies
enriquem
Creator
Creator

Hi,

When you create an qvw, the file it's encrypted when you save it, maybe you must pay attention to the codification in SVN, because the UTF-8 don't work for special character, you mus use UTF-8 with BOM.

This occurs me when I work with file editor like Notepad++,Sublime Text.....

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.
Not applicable
Author

I've tinkered with the encoding settings in both QV and SVN, and nothing changed. Furthermore, the issue only occurs when using ctrl+s to save from the script editor, not when clicking the 'save' icon, which would suggest the issue is not directly caused by SVN.