cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extra header in Pivot

Hi Community

In my QV report I have custom objects like the attached(7x11.qvw)

and, I can achieve my result set but the expression is huge.

Is there any way I can get required report like the attached one, in another word simplifying expression.

I have numbers of object which are different than each other so I can not handle with INLINE.

I feel the attached report(7x11.qvw) is not right solution.

I found one very helpful example in QV community(Extra..QVW, Attached for reference); shared by John Witherspoon (Thanks John). But for that I need to create one INLINE table for each object. In my case this is not possible I create multiple INLINE tables.

QV to work on is 7x11.qvw

Please share/ suggest, I appreciate

Thanking you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This I hope will point you in the right direction - yes it is possible to simplify a lot - by taking full advantage of the Associative Data Model in QlikView - find also attached a revised QVW that demos what is screenshots underneath:

2015-05-03 #6.PNG

2015-05-03 #7.PNG

2015-05-03 #8.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

To be honest I don't see much difference between creating lots of synthetic dimensions for each pivot table and creating an excel file with tables for each pivot table.

As for simplifying your expression. You can use pick-match combinations instead of nested ifs, but you will still have very big complicated expression.

Perhaps you simply do that kind of customized reporting in excel.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I understand Gysbert

Thanks

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This I hope will point you in the right direction - yes it is possible to simplify a lot - by taking full advantage of the Associative Data Model in QlikView - find also attached a revised QVW that demos what is screenshots underneath:

2015-05-03 #6.PNG

2015-05-03 #7.PNG

2015-05-03 #8.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter

I appreciate your suggestion, which is helpful

Thanks