Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Or
MVP
MVP

Extreme slowness on a very basic load statement

I've got the following SQL query, repeated three times (to get results from three different databases):

SELECT "vchPlatform_Serial_Number", "datCreate_Date", intPlatform_Status_ID

FROM "myDataBase".dbo."Platform_Ta";

This runs without any problems and gets roughly 10k rows from each database, taking under a second to run.

However, when I place the following load:

LOAD "vchPlatform_Serial_Number", DayName("datCreate_Date") as Pallet_Create_Date, intPlatform_Status_ID ;

it takes about 30 seconds each to run, and eats up the entire server's CPU resources during that time span, with the same result if I load from all three tables first, and then run that load on the resident table.

Here's the quirky part - if I change that load statement at all, it runs quickly and correctly (again under one second), e.g.

LOAD "vchPlatform_Serial_Number", '1' as myField, DayName("datCreate_Date") as Pallet_Create_Date, intPlatform_Status_ID

This is an acceptable workaround, but I was wondering if anyone could venture a guess as to why QV is hanging up on the original load statement.

Thanks in advance.

[edited to add]

Curiously, if I put the new field at the end of the load statement, it doesn't help any - it only seems to work if it's placed before the date column.

1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP
Author

Quick bump to see if anyone has any ideas before I write this off as a QlikView quirk and move on..