Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

FUNCTIONS USED IN WHAT-IF SIMULATIONS

Hi ..... I would like to ask two questions. I'm a sales executive person and need to clarify some points to my prospect.

1) What is the complexity of the expressions that we can use to generate an what-if scenario?

2) Where, can I find the meanig  and the results given by functions like fractile, kurtosis, correl, skew and others ?

Thanks.

Michel Bonniard.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Artificial Intelligence is also a logical inference. The complexity of it can be think of once you give a sanple of what you mean by that. QlikView is very flexible with it's expressions in terms of logic. There is something called Set Analysis which is big plus I believe to dive into your logical expression. Ask your client a sample what they want and let us try if it is really that hard or not.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

To answer your question:

1. - Complexity of the expression might depend on the developers. However, the best way could simply have a variable included in some standard functions which could be an aggregation function or so based on the PKI user demands.

2. - QlikView Reference Manual or the QlikView Help available with installed software..

Not applicable
Author

Thank you tresesco. I would like to go a litle further in the first question.

Is it possible to make calls to external aplications such as artificial inteligence to make more complex what-if simulations?

Thanks agan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Artificial Intelligence is also a logical inference. The complexity of it can be think of once you give a sanple of what you mean by that. QlikView is very flexible with it's expressions in terms of logic. There is something called Set Analysis which is big plus I believe to dive into your logical expression. Ask your client a sample what they want and let us try if it is really that hard or not.