Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dathathreya
Creator
Creator

Fact Dimension Modeling

Hai All,

i have two facts in my project .the granularity of these two facts are different. so i told my team to associate these two facts with a link table .they are telling that there are no common fields except datetime field.can any one give me the solution for this.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi !

If you have date time field may be with a calendar as dimension ? so you will have a table calendar and your two facts in two different tables

dathathreya
Creator
Creator
Author

can plz elaborate it sitrakiniaina jaunet

sunny_talwar

You don't need to combine them into a single table... may be keep two fact tables with both linked on Master calendar. Or you can concatenate the two tables into one big fact table. Link table won't make much sense if Date and Time is the only commonality between the two tables

dathathreya
Creator
Creator
Author

here the two table granularity is different.so if i concatenate the granularity will be missed here.so can i make association through master calendar?.

sunny_talwar

What do you mean when you say that the granularity is different? The two tables have nothing in common, isn't it?

dathathreya
Creator
Creator
Author

in one fact the level of data is at customer level and the other one is at the service provides level.here over all 5 tables are there with 3 dimension tables and 2 fact tables .in these 5 tables Datetime field is common.

sunny_talwar

I don't think concatenating them would be a problem.... but I don't know your data, so difficult to say much... But you do have the option to concatenate and test vs Leave them as two tables and test