Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to load & Failed to open document

I am no longer able to open a Qlikview document I've been working on a for a couple weeks. It's due date is now fast approaching, and I am now very nervous now about losing all the work I've done, but whenever I try to open the file (with or without data) Qlikview tells me

1) "The document failed to load"

2) "Failed to open document".

I've tried right clicking the file and opening "without data", as well as via the command line option to open with /nodata

I've tried setting the ApplicationRescue to 1, along with the ScriptRescue to 1 (confirmed as 1 by the Help - Document Support Info screen)

My license is leased from our qlikview server (which I released and re-leased in an effort to resolve this issue) and according to the same Document Support Info screen, will expire in approx 1 month, on 2013-11-19

I've rebooted many, many times.

I have encountered this issue before, though not always, and opening "without data" seemed to do the trick. However, not this time, sadly.

Document was created in Qlikview Client Build 11.00.11282.0409 - now attempting to open it in the same version/installation, which worked fine yesterday as recently as yesterday.

Today I discovered the Settings - User Prefs - Design - "Always Use Logfiles for New Docs" however the document in question was created before I checked that box.

Desperate for help with this, please Qlikview. Please, anyone.

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

If the path to the app correct - the start page noticed no changing from path? Perhaps there are another issues with access rights and network security?

Is there a section access part in these app?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus Sommer I appreciate your response.

Our Qlikview server is only reachable when I connect to our VPN. I can reach the server without issue, but this "failed to load." error appears whether I'm connected to the VPN or not. My network settings do not seem to be related, as the message appears the same regardless (and in approx the same amount of time).

Yes, the start page and path have not changed.

Is "section access" something I would have setup? If so, I have not done so. There are 10/11 tabs, but nothing special with permissions or document access or anything.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else.

marcus_sommer

Section Access parts are usually in a hidden script-tab. You could ask this one who had created these app. Perhaps you have any earlier backup (snapshots, shadow copy) from your file - if yes and it don't worked, it is rather a security reason.

Could you manually access on the app and change the filename or put there another qvw (if possible a similar one) and try to open and reload it?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I created the app, and no, no hidden tabs, nothing hidden, and nothing setup in the way of permissions or access restrictions.

I just tried copying the file from it's original location to another, but could not open the new file from the new location. I do have an older version of this app saved separately, from a little over a week ago, that continues to open without issue. It is only my most recent version that will not open. Losing this past week's work is not a very exciting prospect though.

Anything else we can do to collect more info that might point us in the right direction?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you open the application in its original location?

Could you share the application here ?

marcus_sommer

Sometimes an app will be corrupt - but the error message sounds rather to a security or license issue. I remember me to read here somewhere of similar problems by using prj-folder ...

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Sadly I cannot open the app from it's original location, no.

I guess I could remove any sensitive information and then paste a copy of the app here, if that would, in some way, be helpful?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus, I hope the app did not suddenly become corrupted, with no prior warning or recourse now.

Can you explain the "prj" folder? Should I have created that before starting and keep my app there within? I've checked the folder the app was saved in and could not find a "prj" folder. I also checked my User-AppData-Local-Qlikview and Roaming-Qlikview folders, nothing "prj" in there either.

Thanks again for your attention and efforts everyone!

marcus_sommer

For "prj-folder" see in the manual by "QlikView Project Files". Unfortunately is the documentation very small. The project files will be automatically created if such a folder available - see for further informations http://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=prj

If are all possible access, security and license issues checked you could ask qv support to help you.

- Marcus

ps: backups on regular basis is always helpful.