Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to open document

Hi,

I use an excel file to set the 'section access'.But of late,we have had users complaining about losing their access to the qvw file.I usually refresh the file again and this solves the issue,although temporarily.
I am looking for a permanent solution.

Can somebody please advise?

4 Replies
avinashelite

Permanent solution: Schedule you application because if you add data in excel Qlikview will not know that

so you need reload the document so that it will get the data and allow you to access the document.

Schedule your application periodically like for every 1 hr or 30 mins   so that their will be a data sink between excel and QV

Not applicable
Author

I refresh it every time after adding data in the excel sheet. Users are granted access but somehow they lose access after sometime and this requires me to refresh the file again. Why do I have to do that again when once the access has been granted?

avinashelite

sounds bit strange!! I have not experienced this problem.

have checked the access for the folder ? where you have deployed the application

PrashantSangle

Hi,

strange issue.

check session log file

and post what kind of error pop up message which user get.

Kind Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂