cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Few Queries related to Qlikview

I have few queries regarding few things in QlikView.

1) First thing I want to add few comments (Text) to Pivot table or a Straight table

Ex: Suppose if have a pivot table with

Year Actual Budget Comment (which I would like to add to table)

2002 24000 20000 Good

2003 24000 28000 Bad

2004 21000 20000 Good

2005 23000 28000 Bad

2006 22000 20000 Good

2007 26000 28000 Bad

In the above Shown table the Comment Column will be blank and I would like to add comment based on some comparison whether it is good or bad. Is it Possible to do like this, if so can u give me the guidelines to do this.

2) I have a straight table in which I want that to be send to Excel such that the Excel File Created should have the default pivoting option Is this can be done through macro's?????

6 Replies
Not applicable

As to your first question, I believe the best way is to create an expression in the table in Qlikview along the lines of if(Actual>1.2*Budget,'Good',if(Actual > Budget,'OK',if(Actual<Budget,'Bad',''))).

Hope this helps

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dewald,

As u said its work but the problem is i want to add Dynamic Comment instead of a static comment.......

Regards,

Ajay

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure what you mean by a "dynamic comment". Perhaps you need an inputfield? You can search for it in the help.

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi John,

Dynamic comment means like instantly suppose if you r going through the data in Pivot or Straight table and u want to add some comments based on certain conditions to that particular table column like a comment or remarks .

Example : In the below table the field Comment is not there in the Data cloud at all but i want to add comment in that table as shown

Year Actual Budge t Comment (which I would like to add to table)

2002 24000 20000 Good

2003 24000 28000 Bad

2004 21000 20000 Good

2005 23000 28000 Bad

2006 22000 20000 Good

2007 26000 28000 Bad

And Can u please send me some example Qvw file related to InputFields......(shivarama@technoforte.co.in)

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, an inputfield doesn't seem to be working quite right for me. I can get it to work in a table box, but NOT in a straight table or pivot table. The help text says, "Values of an input field can be changed in list box cells, table box cells and in table chart expression cells." So I would THINK you could enter them in a chart, but it just isn't working for me. It DOES let me enter a value if I use one of the input field aggregation functions (i.e., inputsum() or inputavg()), but those only make sense for NUMERIC data, which is useless here.

So unless there were some changes in 9.0 (I'm on 8.5), this may not be your solution. Sorry. But I'll attach what I have.

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks JohnSmile

Infact when u said about Inputfields concept i read the things ,yes it will not work with the straight tables .

But if u can entry it in Table Box u can view it in Straight table another issue in this process is u need to Enter the text mutiple times based on the values in ur Dimension

Once again Thanks