Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Event Trigger and Back Not working

Hi,

I have read some threads where if, 'OnAnySelect' Trigger( in Doc Event Trigger ) is used to set/reset a variable value, it makes the back button not to work on the first click but on the second.

For example if its used to set three variables then back would work only on the fourth click.

It was mentioned that if you use Field Event Trigger this shouldn't happen.

But,

In my case I have an input box with two variables. If values are entered into those it makes a selection on two fields.

Now if those fields are cleared then the variables need to be reset to a particular value.

I managed to get it working by using the OnSelect and OnChange Triggers (in Field Event Trigger). But the problem is Back doesn't work on the first click. I have 4 variables which uses these triggers, so it works only on the fifth click.

Hope this makes sense.

I am using QV 10 SR3. Is this a bug that can't be resolved by any means (how about macros)?

Thanks

3 Replies
schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

i think this is working as designed.

The back button always goes one selection back.

If your action is doing such a selection, it will be the one the back button is going to.

by the way you'll get the same behaviour when for instance you have a straight table with multiple dimensions and select something that will affect more than one dimension to get selected.

By pressing back button you will remove one selection after the other.

Best regards,

Christian

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please attach your sample file here.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding guys.Appreciate it.

Christian I agree with you.

Its just that I was trying to reset the variable value and using those triggers in Doc properties didn't quite help. So as a work around I created a button to reset the value and its working as expected.

Thanks