Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

Field event trigger that disappear

Hi everybody,

I have defineed two triggers for "OnSelect" event of two fields. The Actions are External -> Run Macro.

But there is a problem and that is sometimes the triggers are disappeared.

I define triggers and after a while i see that there is not any Trigger difined for that field and i need to define triggers again.

I will appreciate any idea.

Best Regards

Peyman

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Will the app sometimes loaded with other conditions (perhaps not complete for testing reasons) or without any data or will the app saved although the loadscript failed with error? It means that sometimes this field is not exist.

- Marcus

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

thx for replay.

When there is a problem i must recive an e-mail from QVS. but i never got one.

And it happens by client, that means no test reload and we do reload by server scheduling.

Best Regards

Peyman

marcus_sommer

... mmmh. You could look in the logfiles from server and app and perhaps you stored/extract this meta-data structure with every load/save. Important is to find when it happens to search any abnormality.

Sometimes a qvw is simply corrupt and newer one worked fine. Is the app not very complex, such a step with manually copy/paste could easier and faster as my first suggest.

- Marcus

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

it seams that he has the same problem as me. without reduction, without test reload and exit script, but triggers are disappeared!

mrossoit
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Peyman,

look at my workaround in post mentioned by Marcus.

Hope it helps.

Max

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

Hello guys,

I have an issue similar to Azimabadi‌: in this case what I often lose is a variable. In my document I've a "menu" that is managed though a variable (I set it in the first script) and therefore with an "Activate Sheet" trigger. No script errors (it happens by the client and I've managed to check for loading errors), no reduction , no test.

I'm using QDF so now I'll try to define the variable through the VariableEditor tool.

Brunello