Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
An issue has been identified on Qlik Cloud hub, please visit our Status Update Page for details: GET THE LATEST
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmnewuser
Creator II
Creator II

Field selected and next for calculates

Hi,

I have a question. I do a selection in a field. I need to do  calculates for this selection and this selection + 1(next)

For this selection is:

count (<{field = $ :: field }> number)

How is It for selection + 1?

Thanks

5 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

For next in Field Load Order you can use something like this

=Sum({<Field={'$(=FieldValue('Field',FieldIndex('Field',Field)+1))'}>} Amount)

jmnewuser
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

It is a good answer, but I have a problem. I try explain my problem with a example.

I select field = 1, then other field(field3) has possible values 3,4,5

next select field = 2, for this value, field3 has posible values 4,6,7

My problem is as I selected field = 1, para field = 2 I have for field3 the value 4 because it is the equal value

¿How can I to do next select field = 2 with all the values possibles for field3?

I don´t know if I explain good my problem. My english is very bad, sorry

Thanks

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Jonay,

It is indeed difficult to understand what you want exactly, but maybe I can point you in the right direction. Consider the following:

SubField(Concat({DISTINCT field3,'@'),'@',2)

What it does is that the possible values of field3 are concatenated into one string with delimiter @ , The subfield then picks the second possible value from this string. The concat function by default will use the load order, but you could use a third parameter for this function to sort it differently should you want to

jmnewuser
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I try explain my problem

If I select field with value 1, field3 has values 3,4,5

If I select field with value 2, field3 has values 4,6,7

Both have the value 4

If I select field with value 1 and I do next selected field, for field = 2, field3 will be only value = 4, because I have field selected with value  1

I need that for next selected field, the values are 4,6 y 7 because these are the values of field = 2. But as I have selected field = 1, I have field3 = 4 only

Wait, that you understand my problem now

Thanks

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I,m sorry but that does not make sense at all, can you prepare a sample qvw that demonstrates the problem with the above example? An object with a dimension and a expression that gives you the wrong outcome and tell me what the outcome of the expression should be.?