Creator
Creator

Fields not available from QVD files

I am working on an incremental load application.  There are 4 steps altogether:

1) loading the initial data from the source

2) loading the QVD file

3) loading the incremental data

4) concatenating and storing into the QVD file

In step 1, I load from an Excel file and afterwards, all the fields are available in QV to add to list boxes, etc.

In step 2, after loading from the QVD file the fields are not available

In step 3, the incemental data is loaded from the initial source, and the fields are again available

In step 4, the incremental load is concatenated with the QVD data, then stored back into the QVD file.  Afterwards, the fields are not available.

Should the fields from the QVD load be available in the QV application to add as objects?

Thanks,

Mike

4 Replies
its_anandrjs

I believe in last step that is 4 you drop the table thats why it is not available suggested load your QVD in separate QVW and check the table fields and data which is in QVD.

Regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would think there is an issue with the original QVD. Try to load it and nothing else and see if there is data there.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
marsmike
Creator
Creator
Author

Anand & Bill, I think maybe you are saying the same thing...

But, yes, I am using QViewer and checking the QVD file at each point along the way.  The data is there, in each step, correctly showing added records and updated records.

Can I assume then, by both replies, that the fields should be available for display in the application?

marsmike
Creator
Creator
Author

Anand, round 1 goes to you.  I commented out the line to drop the Incremental table, and voila! the fields are all there!