Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikView forum consolidation is complete. Labels are now required. LEARN ABOUT LABELS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabienmd
Partner
Partner

Fields not in uppercase disapear ?!

Hi,

I have a very strange issue with one client who is currently moving from QV10 to QV11.20 SR12.

It is working fine so far but in one Qlikview application, at some point in the loading, some fields disapear from a pretty simple load from a QVD. It loads without any error beacause the field is really in the source QVD, but then, when I use this table as resident later, all the field with a Name not in uppercase disapear.

Is there any known issue with QV10 to QV11.20 regarding this ? Because I've never seen this issue in 3 years of Qlikview development.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabienmd
Partner
Partner

In fact, I found the solution, it had nothing to do with the uppercase.

The person who created this Qlikview applications used a Binary load of that same application. Then, it includes a file from another server which can't be reach by the new server. The fail of that "include" is failing the next step which was to delete the table loaded from binary.

As the fields not in uppercase are dropped at the end of the loading script, they weren't in the data loaded by binary, and Qlikview didn't create a new table during the loading because the are pretty much the same....

Then, the script using my fields in lowercase failed and I never had the real reason why it was failing.

Pretty tricky, especially when you don't know the application that you are migrating !

Anyway, thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
avinashelite

its really strange !! Can you please share a sample QVD it will he helpful for us to debug

fabienmd
Partner
Partner

In fact, I found the solution, it had nothing to do with the uppercase.

The person who created this Qlikview applications used a Binary load of that same application. Then, it includes a file from another server which can't be reach by the new server. The fail of that "include" is failing the next step which was to delete the table loaded from binary.

As the fields not in uppercase are dropped at the end of the loading script, they weren't in the data loaded by binary, and Qlikview didn't create a new table during the loading because the are pretty much the same....

Then, the script using my fields in lowercase failed and I never had the real reason why it was failing.

Pretty tricky, especially when you don't know the application that you are migrating !

Anyway, thank you for your help.

View solution in original post